Tuesday 18 October 2011

The Strength of the peg isn't great.



Tonight I'm going to take a look at a figure I recently got in the mail; Strength Animation ver.



I took a lot of pictures of this one, so I'll dictate as we go along. Sorry about the quality, but all the money that should go into buying a better camera instead goes into buying more figures. What can you do?


I really like the sculpt, I'll just start off by saying that. BadFrown did a  GoodJob for the most part.

I tried to get her mouth in this one. Her pouty lip was just too adorable not to point out.

Here's one of the problems I had. This is a peg point.  There's two more in each of her hands. I tried attaching this part first, and it snapped off while trying to attach the arms to the base. :(

You can see my damage a bit better here. That's the peg stuck in her shoe.

Luckily, as you can see here, it still sits nicely on the rock, and breaking the peg didn't really affect the support of the statue. There's a bit of a niche in the rock for her foot as well, so I think that's what saved it. Also this was totally an unintentional panty shot. Probably.



The only other real issue with the statue was this. A bit of a mispaint on her other foot. That second white line under the crease in her shoe. Luckily enough, it looks like a glare from light while she's on display and you're not scrutinizing the details.

Just can't get enough of that adorable face!

The hands aren't articulated, but I like the detail that went into them. Her middle finger is bent slightly apart from the others, I don't know why I like this, but I felt like it gave her a sense of movement.

Another thing I really liked was the rocks. They're painted really well, and god forbid I ever scuff them somehow, I'd never be able to repaint them.

Here's what she looks like in all her bad-lighting glory.




As a side note, her tail comes off.

The teeny-tiny bow is just adorable <3


Her leggings are REALLY shiny, just so you know. I really liked that about the statue, it catches your eye. That sultry little Strength.

And finish it off with the opening face shot. She really is one of the most adorable high-destruction girls ever.

And there you have it. My overall opinion of it: totally worth the expense. Just be careful with the pegs, and pick up some ridiculously shiny black paint if a little white line bothers you


Cost now: $100-120USD
What I payed: 7933JPY (about $104.75CAD)
Availability: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10145112 (in stock)
Possible Cast-off parts: Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment