Monday 24 October 2011

I bet the base is Holo

Tonight we'll be looking at Holo, Kotobukiya ver. This is going to be a shorter review because the pros and cons are easily pointed out, and I'm on a bit of a time crunch. Enjoy it anyways!


Here's a quick look at her in her in full. 


Starting off on a good note, her face. I thought it looked a bit wonky at first, but now I just can't get enough of that smile. Kotobukiya once again did a pleasantly received paint job with her eyes. She's very true to character with this expression
A bonus if you're into realism, the pouch's string is real string! The pouch is stuck to her body though.


And the base is fuzzy! It's kind of coarse, but I had fun touching it. I'm getting into statues with fun bases lately. no more clear circles for me!
What I don't like however is the base's raised level for her foot. Another two-peg insert, and as usual, it doesn't fit quite right, making her a tad wobbly.
Obligatory...bloomers shot? I actually thought this was adorable, and I'm glad they decided to throw this in, instead of a generic white panty. It's all about the little details.
Her skirt is cast-off, and is very reflective on the inside. To remove it, you have to take off her tail,  and separate her lower half and upper half just below where her shirt ends.


Sadly, her torso insert is a tight fit, and without the skirt there's an unsightly part above her tummy. But look at those bloomers. The ruffles look amazing, and the gap between her legs is very stimulating. I'm glad they didn't just keep the bloomers in a brick and added some movement and depth to it.


A very playful and true-to character figure. I really like Kotobukiya's take on her.  If only they would make a Lawrence to go with her.
And compared against Gutto Kuru's version, I prefer Kotobukiya's a lot better. But you can look forward to my more in depth comparison at a later date.
To sum up, ignoring some minor "fitting" issues, she's really a statue worth having, and she leaves a bittersweet memory of her character in my mind every time I look at her. She doesn't work so well as a standalone because of her size, but looks great as an accent to a bigger figure.


Cost now: 60-70USD
What I paid: 4930JPY (about 65CAD)
Availability: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10068505
http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=HOB-FIG-8474&template=default/product/e_display.html
Possible cast-off parts: None

No comments:

Post a Comment